As a Cybersecurity & Analytics major, you’ll study cybersecurity, business and data analytics and learn how to statistically analyze large amounts of data. Analytics is vital in cybersecurity because huge databases of networking activity must be scrutinized to detect clues of data breaches. As a Cybersecurity & Analytics grad, you’ll be able to protect computer networks and systems from constantly evolving digital threats that face organizations.
Our Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity & Analytics differs from programs at other universities in the following ways:
- It’s a unique, interdisciplinary major that combines a cybersecurity major with business and analytics classes.
- Small class sizes, which means more individualized attention and access to your professors
- Hands-on experience with cybersecurity and analytics tools
- State-of-the-art cybersecurity lab
- Highly qualified and certified faculty members
- Christian mission of Anderson University
After completing this major, you’ll be prepared to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of computer systems, analyze cyber problems and use big data techniques. Courses covering topics such as network security, digital forensics, ethical hacking, scripting, cyber threat intelligence, risk management, cloud security, database systems, analytics programming, data science processes and statistical tools will make you a valuable asset to any organization.
You’ll also learn technology and tools that are in demand in the marketplace, including Kali Linux, Wireshark, the Nmap security scanner, and the Python computer language. You’ll receive a comprehensive cybersecurity education, balanced between the technical side and risk management, which includes making sure computer systems are in compliance with the law.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
- Cybersecurity analyst: $98,350 **
- Information security management: $115,000
- Digital forensics: $85,000
- Cybersecurity advisor: $100,000
- Pen/penetration testing: $102,000
In addition to being ready for the workforce, as a Cybersecurity & Analytics major, you’ll be prepared for graduate study, including pursuit of a Master of Science in Cybersecurity, Data Analytics, Digital Forensics, Cyber Intelligence or an MBA.
*AU coursework will prepare students for professional certifications. Some certifications, such as the CISSP, also require five years of work experience. Security+ and CISSP are trademarks that are the property of their respective owners.
**Recent national median salaries sources: Bureau of Labor Statistics and Cyberseek.org.