Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Honors Convocation is a special event promoting sustained excellence, distinguished accomplishment and outstanding achievement in academic programs across Anderson University.
Customarily, the Honors Convocation speaker is the most recent winner of the “Michael Boles Excellence in Teaching” Award. This year Dr. Patty Slaughter, Professor of Psychology and Chair of the Department of Behavioral Sciences, would have addressed our gathering. We are looking forward to hearing from her at a future ceremony.
The focal point of Honors Convocation is the annual recognition of some of our most outstanding students, including those in the following groups:
- Academic award recipients, recognizing outstanding student achievement in each of our Colleges and Schools
- Undergraduate Center for Cancer Research Scholars and Foothills Writers Guild award winners
- Members of the senior class who have successfully completed the Honors Program curriculum requirements
- Selected members of the junior class who will serve as our Graduation Marshals
- Members of the senior class belonging to our Academic Honors Societies
Additionally, Anderson University recognizes the winner of the “C. F. Reames Distinguished Teacher” Award, given by the College of Education and Ms. Caroline Tolbert, the daughter of the late Professor Reames.
Since 1982, each spring the Student Government Association names three “Second Mile” Award recipients, one each from our faculty, staff and contract services personnel.
We hope you enjoy seeing the depth and breadth of excellence displayed in the document.
Dr. Evans P. Whitaker, President
Dr. Ryan A. Neal, Provost